Saturday, January 28, 2017

Salesforce for Newbies



 This post is for the newbies who is looking for how to start their journey as a salesforce developer. When I started my career in Salesforce, the first help which I got is from this link - SF Dev Site. We can get all types of information like Salesforce documentation, workbooks, webinars, cheatsheets,  blogs etc., all in one place. This will give you an idea about the Salesforce products and what is required to get started.


When I started my career, we dint have such an interactive gamified site to learn salesforce. But now you the lucky people got a treasure called " Trailhead ". It is for anyone and everyone who wants to know A-Z in Salesforce. You can find trails for all levels say beginner,  intermediates and advanced developers. It is not only for the developers but it is also for the end users, marketing users, and administrators.

Then I got introduced to the Salesforce Developer Meetup group in Chennai by one of my colleague. Don’t worry if you don’t have one to find you a group. We, the community members here for you to guide you. You can find  Salesforce meetup groups from wherever you live. Here is the link on the list of meetup groups that are available -  Salesforce Meetup



So what is Salesforce meetup group and what does it give you? It is a place where you can  meet developers, business consultants, administrators, salesforce users and appexchange vendors. So what this will give you? You can learn new releases on Salesforce, some key topics, developer workshops, trailhead workshops, appexchange products and best thing is you can meet Salesforce MVPs and Evangelists from Salesforce. Loving na? J.

When you started working on a project and you got stuck up, thinking where to go and whom to ask. No worries, salesforce has Developer Forum  , Success Community, Twitter – #askforce – This twitter hashtag to ask your questions, Salesforce Stack Exchange, Stack Overflow where you can post your questions and get answers from the community members. Most of the time when I stuck up, community came up for my rescue and I learnt things from them J We have an awesome community to help the fellow community members.
    
If you want to share knowledge on Salesforce development, write blog posts. There are many blogs by our Salesforce developers which gives us lots of information on Salesforce. I would like to mention few of my favourite blogs.

Salesforce Help and Training resources is also one of the site I look up for information and this helped me a lot when I prepared for salesforce certification examinations. Like an ocean, we have lots of resources on Salesforce for the newbies. The list goes on. With this I finish up my blog post and wish you all the success in your Salesforce Journey J

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete